Ah….the “secret weapon” to keeping that not-so-oily hair tamed in between washes…the Dry Shampoo! I don’t know about you, but I am thankful to the person who invented these. Yes, the old school baby powder could easily be used but, because I have bark brown hair, it’s not as appealing to use and I think quite messy.
Here are 5 dry shampoos that I have recently used and with two of them unfortunately not working with my hair, hence not making the cut.
Left to Right:
- Redken Pillow Proof Two Day Extender – I personally love the smell of this product and the amount of product sprayed on my hair is more on the sheer side. I felt that this dry shampoo only held on for 1 day as opposed to the two day extender it claims however, it did absorb the oil which was good.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus (divine Dark) – This is another dry shampoo that I used until the bottle went out on me, but I have to say that for the price tag that won’t break the bank, this product does in fact work and depending on how oily your hair does get in between washes, this can certainly extend that for about 2-3 days.
- Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak – This product was recommended to me by one of my friends and I really wanted to like it because it was less than $7 and the scent was delicious. Unfortunately, this product actually made my hair more oily instead of absorb it. Although it seemed to work for my friend who’s hair probably doesn’t get as oily as mine in between washes, it definitely wasn’t for me.
- Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo – Ok, if you’re like me and have tried numerous Oribe products, you’ll know that they pretty much hold to their name, meaning their product is pretty much legit and works. However, I was so disappointed with this dry shampoo. It unfortunately did not absorb oil but made my hair more oily to where I had to just wash it. Have any of you tried it? What were your thoughts?
- drybar Detox Dry Shampoo – This dry shampoo is definitely on my top 3 of products that I have gone back to using and what I love about it is that it does come in a brunette shade. The only downfall to this product is that the dark color does rub off on my hands while I am trying to style it. Other than that, it absorbs the oil while giving my hair the texture that I absolutely love! This baby has lasted me about 3-4 days…don’t judge.